As we move on with technology and the way we use it, so do cyber criminals and the threats we receive as an organisation evolve. More than 80% of all cyber-attacks now come via phishing emails with an increase of 600% since the beginning of the pandemic. The level of detail in the emails are making it harder and harder to spot which is why as an organisation we need to be more vigilant than ever.
- Be cautious when replying to demands for sensitive information
- Be wary of generic email greetings
- Check the domain in the email address of the sender
- Spelling errors should ring a warning bell
- Watch out for unsolicited attachments
If you should receive a suspicious email:
- Do not click on links.
- Do not forward the email unless instructed to do so by a member of ICT
- Report the email as phish using the Outlook add-in.
- If you clicked on the link or entered your log in details, please reset your password asap.